This Valentine’s Day was one for the books! This year, our first year married, Drew and I decided to stay home for dinner and just enjoy each other. It was wonderful!
We have been traveling nonstop since our wedding day so it was the perfect decision for us. We began our day by watching church online because a crazy ice storm made its way through Nashville Saturday night into Sunday morning. And then we spoiled ourselves a bit. We got pedicures together (Drew’s activity choice, SCORE! I know!) and then we went to TJ Maxx and HomeGoods which was of course, my activity choice.
We must have been in the right place at the right time because I stumbled upon a larger-than-life mirror, on major discount! Not to mention, I had been in the market for this size mirror for a good six months. I was over the moon!
After that, we got home and began cooking and baking! Most of these recipes I found on Pinterest but then altered them to my liking.
Trust me when I tell you, everything came out amazing!! I’m so excited to share it with you!
For dinner, we had filet, broccoli salad, buttery parsley potatoes and sushi from our favorite sushi spot. Here’s how we made everything!
- a couple of filets, air fried
- marinated in my stepdad’s special marinade: Italian dressing, soy sauce, a smidge of BBQ sauce, and garlic powder
- 1 broccoli head, chopped up small
- 8 slices bacon, cooked crispy
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- Mix in the broccoli salad dressing: 1/2 cup mayonnaise and 1/4 cup plain yogurt
Buttery Parsley Potatoes
- 1-2 pounds of small red potatoes, boiled in salted water, drained and then placed in a skillet
- 3 tablespoons salted butter, melted in pan
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- freshly ground black pepper, sprinkled on top
For dessert, I made a dessert board, chock full with everything your Valentine’s Day dessert dreams are made of!
Valentine’s Day Chex Mix
- 4 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 1 bag of melted white chocolate baking chips
- Valentines M&M’s and sprinkles
Valentine’s Day Popcorn
- 1 bag of popcorn
- 1/2 cup of pretzels
- 1 bag of melted chocolates, drizzled
- add sprinkles!
Sweet Apple Nachos
- 4-5 apples, granny smith and red delicious
- melted caramel sauce, drizzled
- melted mini marshmallows, drizzled
- chocolate chips, sprinkled on top!