Last night was homemade ice cream night, which was so so exciting (and if I’m being honest, I’m still excited about it!) I received an ice cream maker as one of my bridal shower gifts last weekend and I could not wait to try it out. The Cuisinart ICE-21 Series ice cream maker made a perfectly creamy and delicious ice cream cone! (Cuisinart ICE-21 Series linked here: https://amzn.to/3e6QSW1)
This particular ice cream maker came with an easy-to-read booklet of recipes, as well. It was a great resource to use as a guide, but don’t be afraid to go off the script and add some of your own ingredients, as well! As you continue reading below, you’ll find a few basic steps to make your own homemade ice cream, too!
3 Easy Steps to Making Your Own Homemade Ice Cream:
- Firstly, of course, I decided on which ice cream recipe I wanted to use! I landed on butter pecan because I was in the mood for something smooth, buttery and crunchy (and Drew likes this flavor, too!) so this was the obvious recipe choice.
- Secondly, I put the 4-piece ice cream maker together- super easy! (See below) Next, I froze the freezer bowl in the freezer overnight. The freezer bowl is what transforms your initial mixture into ice cream, so this part is extremely important!
- And third, I made my creamy mixture to add to the ice cream maker.
- 2 eggs, egg whites only
- 1 cup of crushed pecans
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of whole milk
- ¾ cups of granulated sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix together pecans, egg whites and brown sugar.
- Spread the pecans evenly on a cooking sheet and bake for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in another medium bowl, combine the milk and sugar.
- Whisk until sugar is dissolved. Then, add in the heavy cream and vanilla.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Pour the mixture into the frozen freezer bowl.
- Turn on the ice cream maker and let it mix for 15-20 minutes.
- Freeze the ice cream for an additional 2 hours if you prefer a harder ice cream.
- Scoop and enjoy!
That’s how you make your homemade ice cream with the Cuisinart ICE-21 Series Ice Cream Maker and recipe booklet! Thanks for tuning in!